The Postpartum review is done after the quarantine, and will consist mainly of:
- Explanation of tips and protocol of postpartum exercises: or brief review of them if you already came with us during your pregnancy.
- Evaluation of your diaphragm and abdominal wall, to make sure that there is no diastasis of rectus abdominis or hernias.
- Evaluation of the perineum: to see how the musculature and your scar have been (if you had it) discarding adhesions or imbalances that modify the functionality of your pelvic floor.
- Look at the condition of the coccyx and the pubis since they usually give long-term symptoms.
- Check if there are prolapses (visceral falls) to treat them immediately.
- Check your pelvi-perineal reflexes a, because they are very important for the protection of your viscera before the efforts.
With all this we will propose a protocol of exercises for home, giving you the discharge, and we will advise you the start of Hypopressants exercises from the third postpartum month (if you are not breastfeeding you can start before).
However, on some occasions, we will need some more sessions to deal specifically with:
- Muscle strains
- Painful scars
- Rehabilitation of cesareans
- Deactivation of Myofascial Trigger Points of the abdomen and pelvic floor
- Treatment of hypertonia (contracture)
- Back discomfort derived from the postures maintained during breastfeeding.
Together we will agree on the number and rhythm of your sessions.